: Health Tip: Preventing Heel Pain
Posted June 4, 2014
(HealthDay News) -- Heel pain can stem from a number of causes, from injury or deformity to a number of health conditions.
The American Podiatric Medical Association says you can help prevent heel pain by:
- Making sure that shoes fit well and provide good sturdy support.
- Wearing appropriate footwear for all activities.
- Getting rid of shoes that are worn on the soles or heels.
- Warming up and stretching before and after running or working out. Also, pacing yourself while exercising.
- Losing any extra weight.
- Eating a nutritious diet.
- Getting plenty of rest.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.